Nordic Migration Research (NMR) is an organisation of individuals conducting or using research related to different aspects of international migration and ethnic relations such as integration, ethnicity/race, culture, religion, marginalization, citizenship, nationalism, discrimination and racism. The objectives of the organization are to:
- Stimulate and promote comparative Nordic scientific research on migration and ethnic relations, to promote the formation of closer research networks among Nordic researchers, institutions and research projects, and to support individuals seeking to visit other institutions as guest researchers for shorter periods of time.
- Increase awareness of NMR related issues and research results in the public debate in the Nordic countries and in a global context
- Provide support for scholars embarking on this field of research
- Promote collaboration concerning education at the Master and PhD levels
- Organize and support conferences and courses with the capacity to contract with local organizers to whom the organization can confer all powers and liabilities
- Publish a Nordic, English-language scientific journal